Streets Worker - CDL Required
- Summary of Job Duties
- **ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A CURRENT MOTOR VEHICLE REPORT AND HAVE A COLORADO COMMERCIAL DRIVER'S LICENSE CLASS B**
Starting Pay for:
CLASS B CDL License $17.25
CLASS A CDL License $18.25
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
Public Works, Street Operations
Improves and maintains our roadways, performs street sweeping and snow removal. They are seeking a skilled Streets Worker with either a Class A or Class B CDL.
This is a repost, and will remain open until filled, if you have applied or interviewed for this position within the last 12 months, please DO NOT RE-APPLY.
**This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions and will remain open until a sufficient pool of qualified applicants are obtained. **
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The City of Aurora Streets Worker will perform semi-skilled manual tasks and operate automotive and grounds or maintenance equipment to maintain, construct and repair City streets and projects for the Public Works Department.
- Shovels and tamps asphalt
- Loads and unloads tools
- Assists in the installation, repair and maintenance of streets
- Operates and maintains specialized hand and power tools, vehicles and equipment such as jack hammer, sprayer, lawn mower, single axle dump trucks with plow and sander, water truck and tractor
- Assists with snow removal activities
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- 12 months of manual labor experience
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
Licenses and Certifications: As assigned, specialized certifications may be required such as:
All selected candidates will be subject to the following pre-employment screening at the time of hire.
- Colorado Class B CDL with a good driving record.
- Ability to obtain Colorado Class A CDL within six months of employment.
- Individuals MUST provide MVR and copy of CDL with application or they will not be considered.
- Motor Vehicle/CDL review
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screening & Physical Exam
- Submittal of official transcripts of most relevant/highest level of education
- Working Conditions
- Heavy physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 100 pounds with or without assistance
- Frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Considerable walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing
- Regular pushing, pulling, and bending
- Hand/eye and foot/eye coordination to operate mowing and other motorized equipment
- Hearing and listening for receiving and interpreting information and warning signals
- vision to read operating manuals and instructions to read operating manuals and instructions
- Works primarily outdoors in both hot and cold weather with exposure to noise, dust, fumes and chemicals
- Able to work in confined space
- Must be available to work overtime, weekends, and holidays in emergency situations including snow removal
- Heavy equipment common to construction and maintenance
- Operates vehicles such as dump truck, tractors and/or forklift
- Operates hand tools and equipment common to custodial work
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
For Veterans points: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
If you need assistance in completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E Alameda Pkwy., Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.