Summer Food Site Coordinator
- Summary of Job Duties
The city of Aurora is seeking enthusiastic individuals for a career in the Recreation Division. Site Coordinators will be on the front line of operating the City's sponsorship of the Summer Food Service Program, providing youth meals at indoor and outdoor locations throughout Aurora.
This seasonal position will be from the end of May through early August 2020.
This is a continuous position and will be closed when all positions are filled. Applications will be sent to the hiring supervisor once a week for review.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Site Coordinators are responsible for ensuring the Summer Food Service Program, which provides fresh, nutritious meals, as well as summer enrichment activities, is implemented for children under the age of eighteen, while also ensuring high quality customer service.
Essential duties include:
- Lead by example to ensure excellent customer service for youth and families participating in the program.
- Work closely with the Nutrition Recreation Specialist, Youth Nutrition Program Assistant, city staff, and community partners to maintain the Summer Food Service Program. Site Coordinators will provide lunch and/or an afternoon snack at an assigned indoor or outdoor city facility.
- Responsible for the daily set-up, distribution, and clean-up of meals, which are brought in by an outside vendor.
- Oversee the daily count of meals received, meals consumed, volunteers, and enrichment activities, while staying in compliance with Unites State Department of Agriculture, Colorado Department of Education, and Tri-County regulations. Training will be provided.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year general clerical experience
- Heavy customer service experience (Preferred)
- Experience working with children (Preferred)
- Knowledge of business, spelling, and basic math; general office equipment and personal computers and related software applications.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish (Preferred)
Licenses, Certificates Required:
- Current and valid driver's license.
- On-site training required.
- Reliable transportation to work sites is required.
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Primarily physical and active work outdoors in all types of weather conditions, requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 30 pounds
- Frequent and repetitive lifting, carrying, walking and standing to implement program and conduct activities
- Vision for reading, recording and interpreting information
- Frequent speech communication with fellow employees, City of Aurora, and Aurora citizens.
- Must have the ability to participate and lead physical enrichment activities with children in an outdoor setting.
- Works primarily outdoors at city-owned pools, recreation facilities, public buildings and/or parks.
______________________________________________________________________________For Veterans preferences: Please show all of your employment history, including military service and related documentation (DD214) on the application.
- May use standard office equipment including, computers, calculators, copy/fax machines
- May answer telephone.
- A cell phone is required
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.