- Summary of Job Duties
- Hourly Pay: $13.10/ hourEstimated average hours per week: 10-20
Hours between 9 am-8 pmThis position earns sick leave in accordance with the Healthy Families and Workplace Act.This is a part-time position that does not provide medical benefits
The City of Aurora is always seeking to hire energetic Swim Instructors for all of our Indoor and Outdoor pools. This job posting will serve to create a pool of applicants for all temporary positions for the 2021 season.
Swim Instructors perform a variety of routine tasks related to aquatic safety and provide instruction to patrons in swimming and aquatic safety. For additional information contact Alek Raymond at email@example.comThe City of Aurora will conduct ongoing screenings of applications throughout the year; as soon as we determine to have a qualified pool of applicants, this position may close quickly and without notice.
- PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Swim Instructors are responsible for the following:
- Instructing patrons at various levels of swimming techniques and aquatic safety
- Performing routine tasks to maintain safety in swim classes
- Enforcing pool rules
- Maintaining records relating to swim classes
- Providing information to patrons and parents
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education/Experience: Equivalent training and experience that will demonstrate required knowledge, abilities, and skills.
Knowledge: Knowledge of pool safety and emergency action plans.
Abilities: Ability to maintain a safe environment at the worksite.
Skills: Skill in swim instruction techniques.
Licenses, Certificates, and/or Equipment Required:
This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- Swimming instruction training Cert will be provided on the job
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Physical Demands: Moderate physical work requiring the ability to lift a maximum of 100 pounds with or without assistance; regular walking and standing; regular climbing, bending, kneeling, and crouching; hand/foot/eye coordination to perform appropriate skills; vision to read instructions; hearing and speech communication for communication with employees and citizens.
Work Environment: Works both indoors and outdoors in varying weather conditions with exposure to dust, noise, chemicals, water, and other conditions found in an aquatic environment.
Equipment Used: Operates equipment related to aquatic facility operations.__________________________________________________________________
For Veterans preference: Please show all of your employment histories, including military service, and attach related documentation (DD214) on the application.
The City of Aurora is an equal opportunity employer. We are required by state and federal agencies to keep certain statistical records on applicants. It will not be used in any way to discriminate against you because of your sex, race, age, sexual orientation, creed, national origin, disability or military status, gender identity, unless related to a bona fide occupational qualification as defined by the Colorado Civil Rights Commission and the Equal Opportunity Commission.
Despite the changes in Colorado law, the City of Aurora maintains a drug-free workplace. A positive test of marijuana is grounds for disqualification and ineligibility for employment with the city for one year or termination once hired.
Drug Testing, Thorough Criminal Background Check, and Employment References:
As a condition of employment, all applicants selected for employment with the City of Aurora must undergo a thorough criminal background check and drug screening. Employment references will be conducted on finalists for City of Aurora vacancies.