Water Utility Technician - Field Representative
- Summary of Job Duties
City of Aurora, Colorado
It is an exciting time to work for the City of Aurora, we're growing and looking for dedicated and collaborative individuals to join our team of talented and valued employees. Excellent organizations have a set of principles, or core values, that are used to implement their mission and vision. Those values represent the touchstone for the organization, guiding the decisions of the individuals and the organization. At the City of Aurora, we demonstrate our excellence by modeling the CORE 4 Values of: Integrity, Respect, Professionalism, and Customer Service, and we welcome all who share these values to apply.
Why Work for Aurora?
- Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
- Diverse community
- Competitive total compensation package
- Well-Funded General Employees Retirement Plan
- Light rail station minutes away
- On-site fitness center and overall employee well-being programs
- Internal educational programs to assist with career advancement
- Access to innovation work spaces
The Water Utility Technician responds to and investigates a broad spectrum of customer complaints on a full shift availability to provide accurate billing and investigation of water service problems and emergencies for customers of the Water Department.
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains constant contact with all Water Divisions;
- Rechecks questionable meter readings and obtains readings unavailable during routine meter reading and records final meter readings;
- Delivers delinquent notices and performs shut-off's of delinquent accounts;
- Responds to and takes corrective action on water service outages, water quality, and water delivery complaints; operates valves, hydrants, and other assorted water transmission apparatus;
- Performs alternate water connections for service outages;
- Checks leaks in mainline and services;
- Determines urgency and responsibility for repairs and notifies appropriate authority;
- Performs emergency and routine shut-off and turn-on of water services;
- Investigates questionable consumption of water such as leaking systems, inoperative or defective meters, and high usage and pressure problems;
- Responds, investigates, and takes appropriate action for water conservation violations;
- Obtains billing information through customer contact or direct observation;
- Removes, replaces, and reinstalls meters for defect or for customer request testing;
- Performs trouble shooting and repair of remote meter systems and minor repair of installed meters;
- Performs cursory inspections of meter pits and soil preparation and notes discrepancies;
- Performs routine repair of stop boxes, pits, and vaults;
- Tests vaults for oxygen deficiency;
- Prepares and maintains various records;
- May perform routine meter reading duties;
- Occasionally performs or assists with field and in-shop meter and meter component repair and testing; and performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 3 years experience in a customer service unit or generalized water utility experience plus 12 months experience in a customer service unit.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that demonstrates required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.
- Knowledge of overall operation and policies of department; meter repair and calibration procedures; various meter settings,meter removal, and installation procedures; and City and private water systems.
- Considerable knowledge of the operating characteristics of the various types of meters and remote meter systems; and City geography and meter locations.
- Thorough knowledge of frozen services trouble shooting, correction, and safety procedures; and all related safety practices and equipment.
- Knowledge of utility billing and collection procedures.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people including employees, citizens, contractors, and developers; use hand tools, machines, and equipment to perform mechanical repair functions; make independent decisions and determine priorities; deal effectively and diplomatically with customers under adverse or stressful conditions; and read maps.
- Considerable ability to follow written and oral instructions.
- Ability to work overtime, call back duty, and standby with a 45 response time.
- Skill in reading and recording the consumption of numerous types and sizes of water meters.
- Colorado driver's license with a good driving history.
- Water Distribution I or Collection I Certification is required.
- This position may require the incumbent to occasionally use personal equipment (e.g. vehicle, cell phone, tools, etc.) in the course of their employment.
- Working Conditions
Physical Demands: Moderate to heavy physical work requiring ability to lift a maximum of 50 pounds; considerable walking and standing; frequent pushing, pulling, climbing or crawling to repair and replace valves and meters; hand/eye and hand/foot coordination for use of tools and operation of motor vehicles; vision to read manuals, log books and gauges; speech communication, hearing and listening for communications with employees and customers.
Work Environment: Works both indoors and outdoors with exposure to adverse weather, noise and dust; some work performed in confined space. Maintains a occasional night and weekend stand-by shift status.
Equipment Used: Operates a variety of hand and power tools common to utility meter operation and maintenance; operates motor vehicle.
Aurora is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. The city also maintains compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The city's Equal Employment Opportunity Plan (EEOP) is available for review by contacting the Employee Relations Officer in the Human Resources Division at 303-739-7225.
If you need assistance or reasonable accommodation for completing this application, please feel free to contact our office at: 303-739-7225 or visit us at 15151 E. Alameda Parkway, Suite 3500, Aurora, CO 80012.